Shawn C. Emery, M.D.
Dr. Emery earned his medical degree at the University Of California San Diego School Of Medicine. Dr. Emery is Board certified in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology and did fellowships in Surgical Pathology, Cytopathology, and fetal-maternal & placental pathology at UCSD. He was Chief Resident of Pathology at UCSD Medical Center. Having worked for over a decade in laboratories with high volumes of endoscopic gastrointestinal biopsies, Dr. Emery’s main area of interest and expertise is gastrointestinal pathology. He joined Merced Pathology Medical Group in 2010.
Yingchuan Hu, M.D.
Dr. Hu joined YPMG in 2017. He earned his medical degree at West China University of Medical Sciences and completed his pathology residency at the University of Rochester in Rochester, New York. Dr. Hu completed a GI and liver fellowship at Shands Hospital, University of Florida. Dr. Hu completed a four month genitourinary (GU) fellowship training at Indiana University. He is also very interested in Soft Tissue Pathology during his more than 20 year pathology career. He is Board certified in Anatomic Pathology.
GASTROQ™ GI PATHOLOGY
GASTROQ ™ is the premier provider of GI Pathology services, capable of fulfilling unique gastroenterology practice requirements. We are an efficient, quality–focused partner with a full spectrum of GI biopsy and cytology services including:
- GI Pathology Fellowship trained, highly experienced Board Certified Pathologists and Cytopathologists with expertise in GI pathology
- Extensive laboratory experience in processing upper and lower GI specimens
- 24-48 hour turnaround time
- Over 100 Immunohistochemistry antibodies
- Broad panel of special stains for differentiation
- Molecular testing for colorectal, gastric and esophageal carcinomas
- Customized color reports and interactive consultative correspondence with client
In addition, we provide advanced IT support and logistics.
Our commitment to provide comprehensive and superior quality GI Pathology services in a timely manner allows us to advance diagnostic testing for gastroenterology practices, while providing solutions to the most challenging patient diagnoses.